Director of Sales-North America
Ennis, TX USA
The Director of Sales for North America will profitably sell Guardiar USA and Guardiar Solutions Inc. by implementing marketing and effective sales plans; coaching and supervising the regionally based sales team for Commercial and High-Security products. Duties include: Developing training, building a strong team, working with end-users, contractors and specifiers; managing the sales team and working with all departments including finance, procurement, estimating, production, design, and marketing. The Director of Sales will work closely with Projects Managers, Project Coordinators, and other team leaders.
Key outside duties include but are not limited to: Development of new customers, new market application of existing products. Optimize and increase the sales of all Guardiar products.
Alignment with Guardiar values
Accountability for Results: We empower our people to take initiative, to solve problems and to achieve their goals
- The Sales Director is accountable for reaching set sales targets in sales and revenue, within set sales plan for the regions.
- Discusses, agrees and commits short, mid and long-term deliverable with the Managing Director.
- Consistently delivers on commitments.
Customer Orientation: We act pro-actively towards external customers. We support internal customers to ensure that everybody can be successful
- Excels at external customer communication, while communicating flawlessly with the internal team.
- Must possess strong verbal and written skills.
Global collaboration: Our global teamwork makes us unique versus others
- Understands, values, and supports being part of a unique team of achievers that works around the clock for world-class customers
- Must collaborate with management from the global Guardiar team
Innovation and Integrity: We challenge ideas and ways of working to continuously improve
- Proposes ways of performing tasks in a better way, and streamlines processes, with special attention to quality, time and cost
Integrity: We always do the right thing!
- Does what is best for the customer and for the optimal execution of the project with integrity and uncompromising ethics
- Sales in the region: accountable for reaching the targets in sales turnover and profitability
- Accountable for developing and implementing sales strategies for the US region
- Accountable for excellent customer service by the internal sales team.
- Accountable for excellent customer service by the external sales team.
- Accountable for sales plans for the quarter, the year and a 5-year growth plan
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for US by segment; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Work in coordination with Estimators, Cad and Project Coordinators to ensure proper quotations and subsequent delivery of submittals.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to achieve sales targets
- Ability to perform full cycle selling including prospecting, negotiating, and closing
- High level of self-confidence
- Knowledge of Guardiar USA products and solutions and those of the competitors
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- A high degree of self-structure and motivation
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients both external and internal
- Minimum 8 years of outside sales experience; 2 years in fencing, construction, architecture, or other related industry
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proactive, ambitious. Wants to evolve into a highly recognized individual.
- Task and goal-oriented.
- Personally accountable. Understands the difference between accountability and responsibility. Delivers outcomes. Takes charge of tasks and goals and will get them done as agreed despite situations which might cause delays.
- Ability to meet short deadlines, and willingness to work additional hours during deadline periods.
- Team player. Sees him/herself as an important component of a high-performance team.
- Self-Directed/Disciplined – good self-management skills.
- Fast-paced and decisive.
Reporting to: Managing Director- AME