Præsidiad is the group company of certain businesses, including Hesco, Betafence and Guardiar.
Latest update: 25 May 2018
Cookies are small text files which are stored on a device’s hard drive and which contain certain information and sometimes personal data. Social media plugins are small pieces of software developed and provided by social media service providers, which add social media integration when built into the Websites.
NOTE 1. If you want general information on how we process your personal data other than the processing through cookies and social media plugins, including in relation to your communication with us via e-mail, telephone, fax and social media and in relation to any order or purchase, please refer to our Data Protection Policy.
NOTE 2. This Data Protection Policy does not apply to the processing of personal data contained in any application of a person who is applying for a job at Præsidiad or its affiliates, either through use of the Websites, or by any other means. If you want information on how we process the personal data of applicants, please refer to our Applicants’ Data Protection Policy.
- IN GENERAL
- Your personal data are processed by Præsidiad Group Limited, 8th Floor, The Gridiron Building, One Pancras Square, London, United Kingdom, N1C 4AG, with corporate registration number 10847053, and its affiliates (hereinafter: “Præsidiad”, “we”, “us”, “our”). You can contact us via e-mail at gdpr@præsidiad.com.
- Where reference is made to certain laws or regulations, such reference shall also include any change, replacement or annulment of said laws or regulations, including any related executive decisions.
- You can avoid cookies being placed by reconfiguring your browser. Guidelines on how to do this for the most common browsers can be found here:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en;
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US.
However, not allowing cookies when visiting the Websites may cause certain or all features of the Websites to stop working properly.
- When you visit the Websites we place a number of cookies. These cookies allow us to identify you and to gain an insight into how you and other visitors use the Websites by gathering statistical and usage data. This ultimately enables us to provide you with a better user experience on the Websites.
- The following are the most common cookies being used on the Websites:
- Functional cookies
- These cookies are needed for the Websites to function properly and to give you a good user experience (e.g. a cookie saving preference, which is only maintained for the duration of your session on a given day).
- Analytical and statistical cookies, including:
- Google Analytics: we, along with some of our third party service providers, use Google Analytics cookies to determine how you and other visitors use our Websites. With these insights, we can improve our services. Some of the most common analytical and statistical cookies we use are a.o. the “_ga” and “utma” cookie (2-year lifespan), the “utmz” cookie (6-months lifespan), the “utmb” cookie (30-minutes lifespan) as well as the “_gid” cookie (1-day lifespan), ”_gat” cookie (1-hour lifespan). For more information, see: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?csw=1.
- Advertising and social media cookies, including:
- com: through integration of a Facebook pixel on some of our Websites, Facebook places an “fr” cookie (90-days lifespan) on your device. This cookie is used for advertising purposes and allows us and Facebook to track your surfing behaviour across different websites in order to provide you with more relevant and personalized advertisements. More information on Facebook’s use of the “fr” cookie can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
- com: The integration of the cookies of AddThis allows us and AddThis to offer you more relevant and personalized content and advertisements by tracking which websites you visit. The cookies which are placed for this are a.o. the “uvc”, “loc”, “di2”, “uid” and “vc” cookie (1-year lifespan). More information can be found here: https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/privacy-policy.html.
- PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We may process your personal data to provide in a personalized and efficient way the information, products and services you request via the Websites or Social Media Channels.
- We may process your personal data for marketing purposes. For example, to provide you with targeted communications, promotions, offerings and other advertisements of us and selected partners.
- We may process your personal data to perform statistical analysis so that we can improve and develop our Websites, advertisements, products and services.
- We may process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations or to comply with any reasonable request from competent law enforcement agents or representatives, judicial authorities, governmental agencies or bodies, including competent data protection authorities.
We may be required to collect and transfer your personal data to your financial institution or payment service provider to allow them to comply with their legal obligations, such as obligations under applicable anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing legislation.
- LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- TO WHOM WE SEND YOUR DATA
- We rely on third party processors to provide you our Websites and Social Media Channels, as well as to process your personal data on our behalf. These third party processors are only allowed to process your personal data on our behalf upon our explicit written instruction.
- Your personal data may be shared with the police or the judicial authorities as evidence or if there are justified suspicions of an unlawful act or crime committed by you through your use of any of our Websites.
- LOCATION AND TRANSFER
- We process your personal data first and foremost within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, in order to process your personal data for the purposes outlined in Clause 3 of this Data Protection Policy, we may also transfer your personal data to other entities within our Group or to third parties who process on our behalf outside the EEA. Should such transfer take place, Præsidiad will ensure that there are safeguards in place to ensure the safety and integrity of your data as well as all rights with respect to your personal data you might enjoy under applicable mandatory law.
- Each entity outside the EEA that processes your personal data shall be bound to observe adequate safeguards in order to ensure the safety and integrity of your data. Such safeguards will be the consequence of:
- The country of the recipient having legislation in place which may be considered equivalent to the protection offered within the EEA; or
- Of a contractual arrangement between us and that entity. All our entities are parties to a contractual agreement based on the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (controller-to-controller) (Commission Decision C(2004)5721).
- QUALITY ASSURANCES
- An overriding interest of Præsidiad, your financial institution, the payment service provider, or any other third party, in keeping our personal data identifiable;
- A legal or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order that prevents us from de-identifying them.
- We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe from unauthorized access or theft as well as accidental loss, tampering or destruction. Access by our personnel or our third party processors will only be on a need-to-know basis and will be subject to strict confidentiality obligations. You understand, however, that safety and security are best efforts obligations which can never be guaranteed.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to request access to all personal data relating to you that is processed by us. However, we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for multiple subsequent requests for access that are clearly submitted for the purpose of causing us nuisance or harm.
- You have the right to ask that any personal data relating to you that are inaccurate are corrected free of charge. If you submit a request for correction, such request must be accompanied by proof of the accuracy of the correction you are seeking.
- You have the right to withdraw your earlier given consent for the processing of your personal data.
- Our overriding interests or those of any other third party;
- Any legal or regulatory obligations or administrative or judicial orders which may contradict such deletion.
Instead of deletion you can also ask that we limit the processing of your personal data if and when: (a) you contest the accuracy of the data, (b) the processing is illegitimate, or (c) the data are no longer needed for the purposes listed under Clause 3.
- You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data if you are able to prove that there are serious and justified reasons connected with the particular circumstances that warrant such opposition. However, if the intended processing qualifies as direct marketing, you have the right to oppose such processing free of charge and without justification.
- You have the right to receive from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format all personal data you have provided to us.
- If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the rights listed above, you can send an e-mail to gdpr@præsidiad.com. An e-mail requesting to exercise a right shall not be construed as consent with the processing of your personal data beyond what is required for handling your request. Any request should be dated and clearly state which right you wish to exercise and the reasons for it if such is required. The circumstances may mean we need to undertake verification of your identity before we action your request in order to protect your personal data to the relevant standard.
We will promptly inform you of having received this request. If the request proves valid, we will action it as soon as reasonably possible and at the latest thirty (30) days after having received the request.
If you have any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by us, you may always contact us via the e-mail address listed above. If you remain unsatisfied with our response, you are free to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority.